Reporting to the RolandCare Manager, the Field Engineer will provide support to dealers and end users on Roland products. This includes ink jet products, media, ink, associated design, RIP software applications and workflows. This individual will be expected to provide technical support, product trainings (including online), develop knowledge base documentation, develop training documents, update competitive information and staff trade-shows.
This is considered as field-based position and the candidate will be responsible for having a home office unless residence is near Irvine facility. Expected travel for this position would be 50% with a possibility of as much as 80% for a given month on occasion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Support for existing and legacy products by telephone, email and on-site visits.
- Support related applications and workflows in digital printing and sign making market.
- Support customers and dealer network directly.
- Staff tradeshows, service trainings and dealer open houses.
- Color profiling of different media within established company guidelines.
- Work with Regional Sales Managers to support dealer channel.
- In conjunction with Product Marketing personnel, they will be responsible for creating support documentation, presentations, and updating competitive information.
- Travel to Latin America, as necessary for business, and often working independently under established company guidelines.
- Support a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional manner that promotes positive work relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Able to communicate properly with our dealers and end-users. Able to complete assignments on time.
- Feedback from surveys that will be sent after customer site visits
Education/Certification: B.A. or B.S. degree in business or a related area preferred. Advanced degrees, industrial or specialized marketing training is a plus
Required Knowledge: Electromechanical knowledge required, able to troubleshoot in a logical manner.
Experience Required: Experience with Roland digital piezo inkjet printing with a focus on the outdoor sign industry, pre-press, photography, and large format printing. Technical working experience of design software and applications
- Outstanding Apple/PC skills, including a strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
- Excellent troubleshooting and cognitive reasoning skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to completion on deadline
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Work well independently and is self-motivated
- Familiarity with existing market vendors, manufactures, consultants, competitors is a plus
- High energy & commitment. Applicant should have the ability and desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial and with a fast paced/growing company
- Pro-active problem solving
- Must have valid driver’s license
Empleador de Oportunidades Equitativas
Roland DGA Corporation cumple con todos los reglamentos sobre equidad en el empleo.
Roland DGA Corporation es un Empleador de Oportunidades Equitativas cuya política se cerciora de que todos los empleados y los empleados potenciales sean tenidos en cuenta para todos los puestos con base en sus calificaciones y habilidades, sin tener en cuenta la raza, el color, el sexo, la religión, el embarazo, la ascendencia, la edad, la procedencia nacional, el estado de ciudadanía, el estado de veterano, la orientación sexual, el estado civil, la discapacidad física o mental o cualquier otro estado protegido legalmente.
Sobre Roland DGA
Haga clic aquí para saber más acerca de Roland DGA
Contactar a Roland
Por favor envíe tu hoja de vida a HR@RolandDGA.com Incluya su historia salarial y el requisito de salario actual, por favor.
No llame por teléfono, por favor.